Five years ago, we requested renovations to repair our 115 year old building. The NYC School Construction Authority (SCA) has begun the work…starting with the scaffolding that has been going up around our lower school. Construction will take place after school hours to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Line up and dismissal protocols will remain the same.
The following information from the SCA Project Support Manager, Yvette Knight, outlines the work that will be conducted:
Scope of Work
- Exterior face brick and terra cotta masonry removal and replacement
- Roof replacement and related mechanical, electrical and plumbing wok
- Asbestos abatement
- Plaster and painting repairs and re-caulking of all windows/door perimeter/masonry openings
- The Contractor will follow the lead protocol which calls for lead wipes in target rooms (PreK, K, 1st, 2nd, and Special Ed) if a certain percentage of the paint is disturbed
Asbestos abatement removal will be completed under:
- All regulations and permits
- Completed in an unoccupied building
- Completed by a licensed contractor and in a contained (plasticized) area
- Monitored by an independent company
At the end of the abatement work, a re-occupancy letter will be sent to the school indicating that the school is ready to be occupied for the day.
Construction continues in the lower school building throughout the summer and is progressing as scheduled.