We at The Parkside School understand that Birthdays are Special!
To help our classrooms run smoothly, we have the following suggestions for planning in-school celebrations:
- Contact you child’s teacher ahead of time
- Set a time with the teacher at least 1 week in advance
- Share a favorite activity or book if desired
- The teacher can clarify classroom size and any allergies/food restrictions
- Please provide paper plates or napkins for serving
- Small cupcakes or Cookies, Munchkins, or mini homemade treats
- Popcorn or Pirate’s Booty
- Grapes, Sliced Apples, Bananas, or Berries
- Cucumbers or Carrots
No separate treats for boys and girls (items brought will be enjoyed by all children and will not be distributed by gender).
ITEMS TO AVOID
- No Goodie Bags (instead, consider donating a book with a dedication written by the child, or an item from the class wish list).
- No juice or drinks.
- No sheet cakes
- No candles
- No peanuts
Click here to view the guidelines (PDF).