Skip to content
Questions to Consider Asking Your Child’s Teacher:
- What is my child expected to learn, know and do at this grade level? How will it be assessed?
- What are the big projects my child will be doing in your class this year? Throughout the year, how will I know if my child is meeting grade level expectations?
- What does my child do well and what does he or she struggle with? Can you give me examples?
- If my child needs extra support or wants to learn more about a subject, are there resources to help his or her learning outside the classroom? Can you give me examples?
- How will you be introducing the Common Core standards to students this year
- Does my child turn in homework on time?
- Is my child happy at school? How does my child get along with classmates and adults?
- Does my child participate in class discussions and activities? What would make my child more effective in doing his/her work?
- What can I do at home to reinforce what my child is learning at school?
- Are there ways that I can help you in the classroom or the school?