Middle School Application Process
Dear Families of 5th Grade Students,
Here are some important things to know about the Middle School Application Process:
- By this point, you should have received your Middle School Welcome Letter – which included your Creation Code for your Myschools account and instructions on how to create your account. If you did not – IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU CONTACT US FOR YOUR LETTER!
- Your child’s Middle School Application will be open for you to review and complete January 11 through the week of February 8, 2021 (Please be sure that all information is correct on your child’s application)
- All 5th Grade students must complete an application by the DEADLINE on February 9, 2021.
- Due to the situation with COVID and the school closures last year – the Department of Education has made significant changes to the Middle School process.
- The most significant change is that there will be an open admissions process for Middle School placement. This year, there will be no screening, no reviewing of grades, attendance, etc. As always, you will be choosing the Middle Schools that you are interested in – in the true order of preference. And the DOE will be making placements based on family preference, seat availability, and priority through the diversity initiative.
- You will receive a Middle School offer in the Spring.
- The Guidance Team is planning to host office hours specifically to support families through this process. Please stay tuned for those dates/times.
The Guidance Team
The Middle School Process Explained
Use the MySchools account to view information on the various Middle Schools and to submit your Middle School application
Brooklyn School District 15
District 15 Virtual Open Houses
The District 15 office has compiled a list of Middle School Virtual Open houses