Welcome to our COVID response page
Below you will find all the critical information about how PS 130 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Opt-In to Blended Learning
Students in Remote learning can now opt-in to Hybrid/Blended learning up until Friday, April 9th. Opt-in online through the Learning Preference survey, or call 311. Form more information from Chancellor Meisha Porter, see the message dated March 22 in Messages to Families. Students who opt-in to Blended during this opt-in period will return to buildings in April.
In-Person Tech Support
Sunset Spark will be available at the Lower School for tech related help for our students. This service is Free to our students.
- Thursday, April 8th 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Friday, April 15th 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Thursday, April 22nd 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Thursday, April 29th 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM
In-Person 2-Cohort Model
We are following a 2-cohort model
All students attending school in-person, MUST submit a consent form for COVID-19 testing.
Schools in the Red or Orange Zones will remain closed. The NYC COVID zone map details the NYS designated COVID zones.
PS 130 Hybrid Learning Schedule
- Students participating in blended learning will participate remotely whenever not in-person Monday – Friday.
- All students are remote on Fridays, unless otherwise notified.
- ALL students attending school in-person MUST consent to random weekly COVID-19 testing. Please refer to the section below for instructions to consent electronically, or through the Student Covid Testing Form (pdf).
- In-person arrival time: 8:45 AM.
- All students will have their temperature taken.
- Students must have the health screening questionnaire completed, or answer health questions upon arrival.
- We are sorry, but parents are not permitted to enter the gates with students in Grades K-5.
- Dismissal is at 2:15 PM.
- For grades K-5: At the gate, a staff member will ask who they are picking up and may be asked for identification. Staff member will escort student to the gate.
- Change to 100% remote learning can be requested at anytime. Complete the Learning Preference form (pdf) to switch to full remote.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact one of our Principals:
Stephanie Parsons, Principal email@example.com
Meredith Jose, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Saffady, Assistant Principal email@example.com
You can also connect with your teachers directly. Contact information available on the Staff Directory
PreK: Enter through Gate 1 on Ocean Parkway.
Kindergarten: Line up along Ocean Parkway at front gate (Gate 2). Line will wrap back in the direction of Fort Hamilton Parkway.
1st Grade: Line up at Gate 3 on Fort Hamilton Parkway. Line will extend towards Ocean Parkway.
2nd Grade: Line up at Gate 4 on E5th Street. Line will extend toward Fort Hamilton Parkway.
PreK: Parents enter through Gate 1 on Ocean Parkway. Student is escorted to parent at classroom door. Exit through back corridor (Exit 8) and straight to E5th Street.
Kindergarten: Families line up at Front Gate (Gate 2).
1st Grade: Families line up at Gate 3 on Fort Hamilton Parkway.
2nd Grade: Families line up at Gate 4 on E5th Street.
Grades 3, 4, & 5: Line up at the gate to the small playground on E7th Street. Line should extend to the back of the school towards Kermit Place.
Grades 3 & 4: Families line up at the schoolyard gate on Caton Avenue.
Grade 5: Families line up at the schoolyard gate on E8th Street.
The health and well being of our students and staff are important to us.
We will maintain Health and Safety protocols as outlined by the DOE to help ensure the safety of our community.
In Our Buildings
All persons entering our buildings are required to adhere to safety measures implemented to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except while eating or drinking
- Social/physical distancing guidelines must be maintained
- Hands must be cleaned with hand sanitizer or soap and water upon entry
- Health screening checks for all entering the building
Additional and enhanced operational procedures have been established to further ensure the safety of everyone in our buildings.
- Reduction in class sizes
- Improvements in ventilation
- Movement protocols within the building to minimize congestion
- Regularly scheduled cleaning throughout the day, with special attention to high-touch areas
- Regular deep cleaning of buildings nightly
Consent for COVID-19 Testing Forms
Remote Learning Devices
If your student needs to borrow a laptop or tablet, fill out the Remote Learning Device Request Form to reserve your device.
Borrowing a device is free!
Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location.
Getting Started : iPad
iPads loaned out through the DOE are configured to provide a universal learning platform to all NYC DOE students. The DOE webpage for DOE loaned iPads provides instructions on how to get started with your iPad and how to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
Support is available through DOE Technical Support: fill out the Technical Support Form, or call the Help desk at 718-935-5100
To access your online class remotely:
- Go to classroom.google.com
- Login using student’s @ps130brooklyn.com account.
- If it is the first time you are joining the classroom, click on “Join” to enter the online classroom
Take-Out Meals for Remote Learning
Remote learning students or their parents/guardians may pick up free breakfast and lunch at select locations on school days from 9AM – 12PM