Welcome to our COVID response page
Below you will find all the critical information about how PS 130 is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection.
We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe.
Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Remote Instruction Day : November 2
- Election Day, Tuesday, November 2nd will be a remote instruction day.
- Students will receive asynchronous class assignments either through assignments sent home, or through Google Classroom.
- To borrow an Digital Learning Device, complete the Device Request Form ( English pdf) ⇱ (Spanish pdf) ⇱ and return to your classroom teacher.
Weekly COVID-19 Testing
Random COVID-19 testing will be performed weekly on students.
According to new DOE protocol, all visitors (age 12 and over) must show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination to enter a DOE school building. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE school building.
All students are attending school in our school buildings in-person.
PS 130 In-Person Learning
- ALL students will be attending school in-person.
- In-person arrival time: 8:30 AM.
- All students will have their temperature taken.
- Students must have the health screening questionnaire completed, or answer health questions upon arrival.
- We are sorry, but parents are not permitted to enter the gates with students in Grades K-5.
- Dismissal – a staff member will ask who they are picking up and may be asked for identification.
- Lower School: 2:45 PM
- Upper School: 2:50 PM
- COVID testing will be done randomly every week. Families can consent to test through the DOE NYC Schools Account, or by downloading and completing the Student Testing Consent Form (pdf). For more information on COVID testing within the DOE and for the Student Testing Consent Form in languages other than English, please visit COVID-19 Testing for Students .
Updated DOE School Closure Policy
NYC DOE and NYC Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene updated the school closure policy based on new guidelines from the CDC. Information on new protocols can be found in the Health and Safety in Our Schools.
DOE School Visitor Policy
All visitors (age 12 and older) must show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination to enter a DOE building School Visitor Policy. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE building.
If you have any questions about the COVID-19 plan, please contact one of our Principals:
Stephanie Parsons, Principal email@example.com
Meredith Jose, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Carrie Saffady, Assistant Principal email@example.com
You can also connect with your teachers directly. Contact information available on the Staff Directory
70 Ocean Parkway
PreK: Line up at the last gate on E 5th St. The line will extend toward Caton Ave.
Kindergarten: Line up along Ocean Parkway at front gate (Gate 2). Line will extend toward Caton Ave.
1st Grade: Line up at the large gate on E 5th St. The line will extend towards Ft. Hamilton Parkway.
2nd Grade: Line up at the Schoolyard gate on Fort Hamilton Parkway. Line will extend toward Ocean Parkway.
Inclement Weather Arrivals (in case of rain):
Kindergarteners will be escorted from the gate into the building where their teachers will be waiting for them.
First graders will enter the gate and walk directly into the cafeteria where their teachers will be waiting for them.
Rain or Shine 2nd Grade: All 2nd graders will enter the gate and walk directly to their classrooms.
PreK: Families line up at the last gate on E 5th Street. Staff will escort your children to you.
Kindergarten: Families line up along the front fence. Staff will escort your children to you.
1st Grade: Families line up along the fence on E 5th Street. Teachers will send your children to you.
2nd Grade: Families line up along the fence on Fort Hamilton Parkway. Teachers will send your children to you.
713 Caton Avenue
3rd Grade: Line up at the school yard gate on Caton Avenue. Line should extend toward E 8th Street.
4th Grade: Line up at the school yard gate on E 8th Street. Line should extend towards Caton Avenue.
5th Grade: Line up at the gate to the small school yard gate on E7th Street. Line should extend toward Caton Avenue.
Grade 3: Families line up at the schoolyard gate on Caton Avenue.
Grades 4 & 5: Families line up at the schoolyard gate on E8th Street.
The health and well being of our students and staff are important to us.
We will maintain Health and Safety protocols as outlined by the DOE to help ensure the safety of our community.
In Our Buildings
All persons entering our buildings are required to adhere to safety measures implemented to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times except while eating or drinking
- Social/physical distancing guidelines must be maintained
- Hands must be cleaned with hand sanitizer or soap and water upon entry
- Health screening checks for all entering the building
- All visitors (age 12 and older) must show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination to enter a DOE building. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE building.
Additional and enhanced operational procedures have been established to further ensure the safety of everyone in our buildings.
- Reduction in class sizes
- Improvements in ventilation
- Movement protocols within the building to minimize congestion
- Regularly scheduled cleaning throughout the day, with special attention to high-touch areas
- Regular deep cleaning of buildings nightly
Consent for COVID-19 Testing Forms
Support is available through DOE Technical Support: fill out the Technical Support Form, or call the Help desk at 718-935-5100