Below find information about upcoming open houses, information on zoning, eligibility for enrollment, and what to do when new students are accepted. Also see NYCDOE enrollment overviews for Kindergarten and PreK.
Use linked dates to sign up. If not linked, sign up is not yet open – check back soon!
Kindergarten Open House Dates
All Kindergarten Open House sessions have concluded for prospective 2020-2021 students.
PreK Open House Dates
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 (filled)
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 (filled)
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 (sign-up coming soon)
All PreK Open House sessions for prospective 2020-2021 students will start at 9:00AM
Admissions Priorities for the 2020/2021 School Year
Zoned schools will give priority to students who live in that zone, as they have in the past.
PS 130 School Zone
PS 130 is a zoned elementary school straddling the neighborhoods of Kensington and Windsor Terrace in Brooklyn. It serves grades pre-K through 5th grade. If you do not know your zoned school, call 311 or find your zoned school with NYC DOE School Search
Information regarding Enrollment, Offers, & the Application Process can be found on the NYC DOE Enrollment pages for:
New students may register for the current school year with their zoned school. The following documents must be brought when you register your child:
- Birth certificate of passport
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and /or 504 Accommodation Plan (if appliable
- Proof of residence — any two of the following*:
- Utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name, dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence, dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer, dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address [i.e., document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)], dated within the past 60 days
*If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Residency Affidavit.
For more information on admissions for New Students, visit NYC DOE New Students
Updated information from the NYC DOE regarding admissions and enrollment will be posted here as it becomes available.