Open Houses for Perspective Families
Kindergarten Open House for 2023-24
Below find information about upcoming open houses, information on zoning, eligibility for enrollment, and what to do when new students are accepted. Also see NYCDOE enrollment overviews for Kindergarten and PreK.
Enrollment 2022-2023 School Year
Registration for zoned, new students in grades PreK – 5
Registration for new students
September 6 – 7
Walk-In registration from 9AM – 12PM
For more information please email:
All registration materials must be submitted and verified.
The Registration Checklist (pdf) lists the required documents.
** After September 6th, registration of out of zone students may be considered, based on availability “”
Zoned schools will give priority to students who live in that zone, as they have in the past.
PS 130 School Zone
PS 130 is a zoned elementary school straddling the neighborhoods of Kensington and Windsor Terrace in Brooklyn. It serves grades pre-K through 5th grade. If you do not know your zoned school, call 311 or find your zoned school with NYC DOE School Search
Information regarding Enrollment, Offers, & the Application Process can be found on the NYC DOE Enrollment pages for:
New students may register for the current school year with their zoned school. The following documents must be presented when you register your child:
- Birth certificate or passport
- Immunization records
- Latest report card/transcript (if available)
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) and /or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable)
- Proof of residence — any two of the following*:
- Utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name, dated within the past 60 days
- Water bill for the residence, dated within the past 90 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Official payroll document from an employer, dated within the past 60 days
- Document or letter from a federal, state, or local government agency indicating the resident’s name and address [i.e., document from Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS)], dated within the past 60 days
*If you are not the leaseholder of your residence, you must submit a Affidavit of Residency.
For more information on admissions for New Students, visit NYC DOE New Students
Updated information from the NYC DOE regarding admissions and enrollment will be posted here as it becomes available.